Friday, November 2, 2012

10 Years Later...


10 years! A DECADE! Wow, where has the time gone?

Ten years ago, I walked down the aisle at First Baptist Church, Sumter, giddy and nervous, not sure of what the world had in store! I had waited my whole life for that special day. Ten years later, I am still the same giddy person (plus a few wrinkles), but the nervousness has turned into confidence. True marriage confidence because of the man I am taking this life journey with. True confidence that I made the absolute best decision of my life when I said "I do" that cold, November night.




The past ten years have been filled with tremendous joy! I don't think either one of us would have pictured ourselves 10 years later with four beautiful children! We have been blessed beyond measure and thank God daily for where we are today!

One of the songs we had sung at our wedding was I Will Be Here by Steven Curtis Chapman. The chorus in the song says this:

I will be here when you feel like being quiet;
When you need to speak your mind, I will listen.
And I will be here when the laughter turns to crying;
Through the winning, losing, and trying, we’ll be together,
‘Cause I will be here.

When this song was sung, I never truly imagined how true those words would be.
Brad has been my rock. He has stood beside me on days when I was not worthy to be stood beside. He has held me tight through some tough trials, rejoiced with me in the good times, laughed with me when it was all we could do not to cry, listened to me, ignored me when I was moody, and taught me the true meaning of the word love by being my best friend. I don't deserve a man like him, but am very proud to be called his wife.  Brad Kinard, thank you for becoming my prince 10 years ago...and for continuing to make me feel like a princess 10 years later. I love you with every ounce of me! SHMILY!

No comments: